Aloha Friday: Ledward Kaapana


The classic Ku'uipo Onaona, here (youtube).


Appropriate for me, given that Maryruth is off on the mainland visiting relatives this week.

Ku`u Ipo Onaona - Madeline Lam

Auhea wale `oe e ku`u ipo lâ
Eia mai au ke kali nei lâ
Mai lohi mai `oe e ku`u ipo lâ
E ala wiki mai `oe
`O `oe no ka`u i mana`o ai lâ
He mea nui `oe na ka pu`uwai lâ
Hau`oli au i kou leo nahenahe
Kou leo me ke aloha
Ka`a puni aku a puni ka honua lâ
A `ike i ka nani o nâ pua like `ole
`A`ole no e like me `oe
E ku`u ipo onaona
Ha`ina `ia mai ana ka puana lâ
Eia mau au ke kali nei lâ
Mai lohi mai `oe e ku`u ipo lâ
E ala wiki mai `oe
Listen, my sweetheart, this is for you
Here I wait
Come, don't be slow, sweetheart
Hurry to me

You are always on my mind
You overwhelm my heart
Your gentle voice gives me pleasure
Your voice of love

I've travelled the world
Seen the beauty of flowers rare
None can compare to you
My lovely sweetheart

Tell the refrain
Here I wait
Come, don't be slow, sweetheart
Hurry to me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Risks for impaired post-stroke cognitive function

In a printed posted to the medRxiv preprint archive this month, I found a chart review of patients with stroke to determine factors (other t...