Hi'ilawe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10Xir0eEDV4 .
Izy's version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYCjWcIloBc
Hi`ilawe
Hi`ilawe was probably written by Sam Li`a Kalainaina, Sr and Mrs. Kuakini
Translation - from Na Mele o Hawai`i Nei by Samuel H. Elbert and Noelani Mahoe
Kamaka ka ikena ia Hi`ilawe All eyes are on Hi`ilawe
I ka papa lohi mai a`o Maukele In the sparkling lowlands of Maukele
Pakele mai au i ka nui manu I escape all the birds
Hauwala`au nei puni Waipi`o Chattering everywhere in Waipi`o
A`ole no wau e loa`a mai I am not caught
A he uhiwai au no ke kuahiwi For I am the mist of the mountains
He hiwahiwa au no ka makua I am the darling of the parents
A he lei `a`i na ke kupuna And a lei for the necks of grandparents
Na Puna ke `ala i hali`ia mai The fragrance is wafted from Puna
Noho i ka wailele a`o Hi`ilawe And lives at Hi`ilawe
Ha`ina `ia mai ana ka puana Tell the refrain
Kamaka ka `ikena ia Hi`ilawe All eyes are on Hi`ilawe
TROPICAL SYNAPSES
Reflections on topics including clinical neurology, recent publications in neuroscience,
philosophy of biology, "neuro-doubt" about modern media hype of new neuro-scientific procedures and methods, local oceanography, tropical horticulture, the Hawai'i health scene, and whatever else dat's da kine...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lala
You can tell the hurricane is missing the island because the wind chimes are still there, instead of ripped free.
-
The Ship of Theseus is a classic thought experiment in Greek philosophy. As related by Plutarch the historian, Theseus' ship was kept as...
-
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a less common cause of dementia than Alzheimer disease, Parkinson's, or multiple stroke. Classic...
-
It has been long known that electronic amplification of "subvocalization" can cause words that a person says "under their b...

No comments:
Post a Comment